You guys, it’s been five weeks now since we adopted Wally, our 9-month-old domestic short hair kitten, and I gotta say, I love this little guy! He’s been my best buddy since we took him home – he follows me all over the house like a dog, sleeps with me during the day while everyone else is gone and greets me at the door when I come home from work. He’s little, only 7 pounds, and I don’t think he’s going to get much bigger. Perhaps he was the runt of the litter.
The girls absolutely adore him and he’s so good with them. I was clearly crazy for getting a puppy ( … still not a dog person, I did that for my husband) and thought I’d completely lost it when I entertained the idea of adding a cat to the mix, but I’m so glad we did. His antics make me smile, seeing the girls love on him warms my heart, and I needed those things in my life.
My weekend will be filled with working – I’m on Thursday through Sunday night – but here’s what I’ve been up to and what’s been catching my eye this week:
- I’ve been enjoying pouring through all the resources in the Ultimate Photography Bundle I bought this week. There’s so much in there: 10 e-courses, 16 e-books, 11 tools and a slew of bonuses. I almost don’t know where to start! I have already learned a few new Photoshop techniques, so that’s pretty cool!
- I’ve been figuring out how to use Tailwind app to schedule Pinterest and Instagram posts. This tutorial was a great help, as was this one for finding tribes.
- I’ve been patiently waiting for Lumina tarot deck to arrive. It’s shipping from Australia, so I think I’m going to have to be a bit patient. It’s by Inner Hue, which created the Connected and Free: The Alchemist’s Oracle deck I love so much. Also on my wish list is The Lioness Oracle Tarot – I just love the imagery.
- I’ve been patiently waiting for my Jinny Beyer newsletter to arrive in my mailbox with the directions for a Moroccan Mystery Block of the Month club. One of the doctors I work with happens to be a prolific quilter and she had signed up for her mystery quilt and purchased the fabric kit only to discover she would rather have the kit in another color. Rather than pay the restocking fee to return it, she passed it on to me so that I could try my hand at it, which was very sweet! I’ve got the peacock colorway, which I find beautiful.
- I’ve been working on sanding, white-washing and finishing my DIY growth chart for the kids like this one. I have a Silhouette vinyl cutter but cannot figure out how to use it, so I purchased the pre-printed decals from Little Acorns by Ro on Etsy. I’m hoping I can figure out the Silhouette’s steep learning curve to make decals for each of the girls’ height measurements to add to the ruler (wish me luck!). Now I just need to call the doctor’s office and get a print out of each of the girls’ heights yearly to add to the ruler!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend my friends! Leave me a comment and let me know what caught your eye this week or what your plans are for the weekend!