This past Wednesday I underwent nasal fracture surgery to fix my broken nose. I’m a few days into my recovery and feeling better already. I’ve got a blog post on recovering from nasal surgery all ready for early next week with all my tips and tricks to make it a little easier should you be so lucky to suffer through a similar experience.
My new camera came this week and I’ve hardly had any time to play with it. I’m looking forward to feeling better and getting behind the camera and seeing just what it can do. Look for a review on the Canon EOS 80D in the near future!
What I have had is plenty of time to browse online this week and organize my home while I recovered. Here’s what’s been catching my eye and what I’ve been up to:
- Purchased these great Lightroom presets and brushes from The Luxe Lens. For $39 (on sale right now!) you get 265 presets and 46 adjustment brushes for either Lightroom or Photoshop. I’m looking at shooting professionally and these will go a long way to helping shorten my editing process.
- Finally set up these wire cube shelves in our master bedroom closet to help organize all my husband’s clothes. The man has more clothes than I do (I’m a capsule wardrobe kinda girl)! We needed something to store all of his t-shirts and shorts that didn’t fit in the dressers and these were perfect and affordable.
- Got the most adorable feather/floral headbands in the mail I’d ordered off eBay for the girls for photo shoots. I picked up this one and this one for next to nothing and the quality is great! I’m always a little leery when ordering things from China, but these did not disappoint and the shipping was fast.
- Added another 5×7-foot vinyl backdrop to my collection for portraits. This one is a fun vintage newspaper look. You can pick it up here for $13.49 and free shipping.
- Received these beautiful Mala Buddhist prayer beads (pictured above) from the Brilliant Jewelry Shop on Etsy. The elasticized strand features 108 6mm wooden beads, accented with turquoise and silver. It’s the perfect addition to my altar space atop my dresser.
- Read up on How to Create an Impressive Photo Portfolio by Digital Photography School. Looking for tips to build my portfolio as I venture into shooting professionally. I already have a handful of shoots lined up, so I’m headed in the right direction.
- Purchased this awesome Little Tykes water table for Ella’s birthday, along with this pop-up three-piece tunnel/tent set. I can’t believe she’ll be 2 on the 27th – time has gone SO fast!
Drop me a comment and let me know what’s been inspiring you this week or what your plans are for this weekend!