Check out my lovely mini business cards from Moo – aren’t they great? I ordered a set of 100, each with a different image from past blog posts on them. The back side contains my website information and links to my social media accounts. Not exactly sure what I’m going to do with them, but I had a $15 off coupon, so they only cost me $5! The quality is great – nice thick matte cardstock and the printing was spot on!
After smashing my head the other week, I decided to make some lifestyle changes and really pay attention to what I’m putting in my body. I went shopping and loaded up on healthy food and am working on meal prepping so I’m not tempted to order pizza every night I’m at work. I can say that I’ve definitely felt better eating less processed food and less soda. I’m not allowed to exercise for six weeks because of my concussion, but I’m going to get serious about incorporating some yoga into my daily routine in the future.
Despite working an extra shift this week, I managed to get two blog posts written, so that feels like a win! Flip flopping between days and nights is hard and sometimes I find myself sacrificing sleep to get things done. I’m looking forward to eventually being on day shift at some point, although I’m not sure when.
This week I’ve been:
- Enjoying reading this article on mothering with grace. It’s something that I think we need a reminder of once and a while. I know it hit home for me in a big way and I’m trying to approach parenthood with a lot more grace than I used to.
- Totally relating to this post about the 10 Reasons my Toddler Threw a Tantrum This Month by Jennifer, who just happens to be a mom to a two-year-old!
- Making a list of things to blog about from this Huge List of 100 Blog Topics for Mom Bloggers by Elizabeth of Crazy Busy Happy Life.
- Buying this set of Nancy Drew books for my 8-year-old daughter. She’s reading at the third-grade level, and these were some of my favorite books growing up so I wanted to turn her on to them.
- Purchasing photo props for shoots with the girls like these feather angel wings, floral crown, and feather headband. Can’t wait until they arrive and I can get some fun shots of the girls in the studio.
Well, this weekend is going to be full of rest for me. Recovering from a head injury takes time and I’m trying to accept that I cannot do everything I want to do and resting when I need to. It’s been a struggle, but I want to get well. I’m going to just enjoy being present with my family and hopefully have a low key weekend!
Drop me a line and let me know what’s been inspiring you this weekend or what your weekend plans are!