Well, I started off the week on a less-than-great moment: Sunday night I fainted and hit my face on the edge of my dresser. Then, when I went downstairs to the bathroom to wash off all the blood from my nose, I fainted again and hit the back of my head on the bathtub. A head CT and dozen x-rays later, I have a broken nose, a concussion and a handful of medications to help with the pain, nausea and sleep.
My poor nose has had a rough go of it in this life. When I was a child, my sister broke it once, my brother broke it once and together they broke it a third time. I had a septorhinoplasty in my late 20s to straighten it out and do a little cosmetic work and it’s been beautiful up until now. The good news is that this is a clean break and it wasn’t displaced (so it didn’t have to be set). It should heal just fine in 4-6 weeks. Hopefully, once the swelling goes down, it will look just like it did.
It’s been a few days and not only am I starting to look a little better, I’m beginning to feel a little better too! (Check out my Instagram if you want to see what it looked like!)
Some happy news: We finally did our taxes and the good news is that I’m upgrading my DSLR from the Rebel T3i to the Canon EOS 80D ! Super psyched to have new gear to play with!
This week I’m:
- Excited for the start of 30 Days of Slow by Kate at The Corner Chair. It’s a free 30-day email course on slowing down (something I definitely need to work on!).
- Enjoying the read Things Only Women Who Don’t Wear Makeup All The Time Understand. This is me, every day.
- Loving this list of 33 Lists to Make. It’s no secret, I love lists and this is a great resource for the list-obsessed!
- Soaking up all the resources available from Courtney at Click it Up a Notch, here. Everything from what gear is in her camera bag to how to set up a photography website.
- Charging up and learning how to use this shock collar with remote for Kenai, our 10-month-old Goldendoodle. I took him to the groomers last week and it was the first time I’ve had him on a leash (Mike usually does all the dog walking/exercise) and man, was he hard to control. He’s going on 85 pounds and the prong training collar we got him just doesn’t seem to be doing the trick. Hopefully this will help as a training tool.
- Getting ready for Susannah Conway’s April Love, a month of photo prompts designed to get you out and shooting with your camera as well as a Facebook group to share your work.
I’ll be working all weekend, but leave me a comment and let me know what’s been inspiring you this week or what your weekend plans are – I love to connect with you!