This week has been a little rough, I’m not gonna lie. I’ve been struggling with some depression and haven’t really done much of anything besides take care of the kids and keep the house clean. We had a nice visit with my parents on Sunday and Hannah got some much-loved roller skates for her birthday from them, along with a bunch of fun art supplies to add to her collection! Monday it snowed again and let’s just say I’m way over winter here. It can be spring anytime. This mug just about sums up how I feel about life right now… (perhaps another visit to the doctor is in order to get my meds adjusted?).
This week, I’ve been:
- Buying more pajamas, because who can ever have too many, especially when you live in them when you’re not working? I bought this pair from Target and they are the softest, comfiest pants out there!
- Adding a few new items to my very basic capsule wardrobe for spring, like this tunic by Knox Rose which will pair perfectly with my black leggings.
- Cleaning up the photo studio so I can hopefully get a couple of shots of the girls today in their matching St. Patrick’s Day t-shirts from The Children’s Place. I’ve got to figure out a good way to store all my vinyl backdrops because what I’ve been doing is too time-consuming and they’re just getting crumpled up on the sofa downstairs.
- Buying these Buddhist prayer beads from an Etsy seller in China. They’ll be perfect on my altar and for photo shoots of tarot cards.
- Getting ready to dive into Kelly Rae Robert’s Hello Soul, Hello Mixed Media Mantras art class. I bought it back in January and am looking to finally get the necessary supplies and work through the lessons.
- Excited to explore the content in one of my favorite artist/bloggers Alisa Burke’s The Art of Blogging, currently on sale for $35! I took her photography course and learned so much and I’ve got two other art journaling classes I’ve yet to tackle that I purchased but I can say that for the price, she gives you SO much information with beautiful examples of what she’s teaching. Well worth spending the money, in my opinion!
So tell me, how was your week? What’s been inspiring you? Drop me a comment and let me know – I’d love to connect with you!