This past week we celebrated Hannah’s birthday – she’s 8 now! We went out to eat, came home had cake and opened presents. I got Hannah the mother load of art supplies and she was thrilled. Anything to get her off the computer and be a little more creative. Fortunately, she’s loves making art (just like her mama!) so it was a huge hit.
I worked the past few nights and am looking forward to just being home with the family this weekend. We might go to the water park Friday night at Hannah’s request as a late birthday treat, so that should be fun. Especially seeing Ella play in the water. I’ll be sure to bring my camera!
In the meantime, I’ve been:
- Dealing with Bluehost and their customer service after my entire site crashed when I updated a plug-in for WordPress that I don’t even use on my site (oops!). It was the middle of the night and their customer service was actually very helpful and got things up and running again for me. I had debated switching hosting companies for this coming year, but think I’ll probably stick with them for now. If I were going to start over, I’d probably go with SiteGround. (Note to my peeps: backup your site now, you never know when you’ll need it and always install updates to your theme when they’re released!)
- Enjoying playing with my new tarot deck, the Lumina Tarot. (Review coming soon!)
- Shooting some blog pictures in the studio like the one above. I got a fun furry rug from TJ Maxx, along with a stationary tray and coffee mug, which pretty much sums up how I feel every time I get up: I can’t even…. I cleaned off one of our dressers in the bedroom and made myself a little altar there which feels very calming and centering. I’m using it to hold my tarot deck of the day and the cards I drew for inspiration.
- Giving some serious thought to upgrading my Canon from the T3i to the Canon T6i if I can figure out how to afford it. I’ve come to the conclusion that the full-frame camera I really want is WAY out of my budget, but the T6i has a lot of improvements that I think I would really enjoy, like more frames per second, higher ISO, wireless capabilities …
- Working on getting a roundup post together about the best art supplies for children for next week.
- Spending time over in the Elite Photography Coaching Group on Facebook. I’ve been able to post my straight out of the camera and edited photos and receive feedback on what I could do to improve the images … it’s been super helpful!
- Pinning a lot of resources to my Writing a Book Pinterest board and enjoying working on the #WRITINGMOJOMARCH challenge by Sharon Zink which is a 10-day email course designed to get you writing!
- Shopping for cute Gladiator moccasins via Monkey Feet USA. They’re my go-to for moccasins for the last nearly two years! Their Gladiators are only available until tonight and are $15/pair with promo code SUMMER.
What been inspiring you this week? What are you up to this weekend?